Friday, August 15, 2008

I Squidoo, Do You ?

Lately I seem to be obsessed with a couple things.....lol. The first is Squidoo. I found Squidoo a couple weeks back and since then I can't seem to stop making lens ! Lenses are a squid term for pages. Squidoo is a site that you can go and make pages (for free!) about anything you want. They have tens of thousands of them on any subject you want. The interface is so easy to use, you can have a page up and literally running in 15 minutes. They also have totally automated "modules" you can put on site that require no website knowledge at all. Like modules that will put 3 to 5 (you choose how many) things from E bay, Amazon (I told you they were affiliated with everyone on the planet) or Cafe Press on your site, and if someone buys something you get a cut of the money. You can put an RSS feed on the site that contains daily news about your topic, and will change every day, all by itself. You can also put polls, You tubes, Twitter stuff and just about anything else you can think of.....all with a few simple clicks. Now how can you beat that, for free ?

The following are a list of my lenses:

WowTipspace
Introduction to Perfect World
Perfect World - Races and Classes
How to Buy Cubigold for Perfect World
Perfect World - How to Use the Item Mall
Perfect World International

I know it seems like there is a lot of love for Perfect World, (another MMOG I play) and not much for WoW, but the reason for that was there were no lenses on Perfect World at all......so I figured I would fill that void......hehe. Anyway, Squidoo is fun ! Many people have made "how to" pages for everything from how to make french onion soup, to how to change the oil in a car. Some folks just make a page about their hobby, or passion.....or even about themselves. Lots of people make lenses as lead in pages to get people to their website to try to sell them something. Squidoo does not care if your page is commercial, unlike most other sites (such as My Space) so you can even make pages to sell stuff.

So that is one of my obsessions lately, see the next post for my other one.

Cheers,

Jade

No comments: